There are situations where you have to take your guinea pigs with you on a trip and sometimes that can be a stressful time for them.
Thankfully though, there are carriers that you can put your guinea pigs in that can keep them comfortable while traveling.
So what are the best travel carriers for guinea pigs? The best travel carriers for guinea pigs are:
- Siivton Airline Approved Pet Carrier
- Henkelion Carrier
- Midwest Spree Travel Pet Carrier
- Kaytee Me Travel Carrier
- Portable Small Animals Carrier Bag
So if you know that you need to go somewhere and you have to take your guinea pigs with you, but you want to make sure that they stay comfortable during the trip, then try checking out our top 5.
Siivton Airline Approved Pet Carrier
The first travel carrier on this list is a perfect size for if you have two guinea pigs and you need to take them somewhere.
You can put your guinea pigs in it and leave the travel carrier as it is, but what really makes this one stand out is the fact that it’s expandable.
This travel carrier expands on four sides so it’s great if you want to give your guinea pigs a little more room to run around and play, which can lower their stress levels while traveling.
It’s also airline approved so that you can take your guinea pigs with you when you need to take a flight.
Plus it comes with a fleece bed that you can take out and put in a washing machine, so it’s very easy to clean.
- PLEASE MEASURE YOUR PET BEFORE PURCHASE – The dog carrier measures 18"x 11"x 11" and also can be...
- UNIQUE 4-WAYS EXPANSION – Easy to fold down and unzip four sides to create extra room of our...
- EASY CARRIER AND EASY CLEAN – Wear this airline approved pet carrier over the shoulder, secure it...
The next travel carrier is also airline approved if you have to travel through the air with your guinea pigs.
It’s very portable because it has a padded shoulder strap that you can use but it also has a handle if you’re more comfortable holding it that way.
The fleece bed that it comes with can be machine washed if you want to be able to easily clean it after taking your guinea pigs out with you.
It has a decent amount of space as well, the medium size version is good if you need to travel with one guinea pig.
But if you plan on putting two guinea pigs in it then the large size version would be more suitable.
- AIRLINE APPROVED CARRIER - With airline-approved design, you can take your pet to go to everywhere....
- SAFETY DESIGN - The adjustable shoulder strap help you hands-free carrying and makes it more safe...
- DURABLE - This cat carrier is made of durable and lightweight polyester fabric. The four-side mesh...
Midwest Spree Travel Pet Carrier
Unlike the first two travel carriers on this list, this one is sturdy because it’s a hard-sided carrier that can be used for small pets like guinea pigs.
It’s made out of plastic parts that are easy to assemble and disassemble before and after a trip out with your little pets.
Plus when it’s time to clean the carrier after you use it you won’t have to use any tools to take it apart or put it back together.
But while it is solidly built and durable, it’s mainly meant for trips that don’t take too long like if you ever need to take your guinea pigs to the vet that’s not that far away.
- Hard Sided Dog Carrier | Spree is suitable as a "Toy" breed dog carrier, cat carrier, small bird...
- Dog carrier interior dimensions: 17.91L x 11.5W x 12H inches & doorway measures 7.16W x 7.63H...
- Pet carrier is available in 3 fun & fashionable colors & the design provides proper air circulation...
Kaytee Me Travel Carrier
This travel carrier is good for when you need to take a single guinea pig somewhere with you or if you already own another carrier and are looking for a second one.
So if you’re looking for a travel cage for two guinea pigs then this one might not be the one for you.
However, while it might be on the smaller side, it’s still very durable so you won’t have to worry too much about wear and tear.
The access door is big which means that you won’t have a hard time getting your guinea pig into it and the base of the carrier is stain-resistant and easily washable too.
- Carry handle and large access door
- Washable, stain resistant and durable plastic base
- Includes optional perch for pet birds
Portable Small Animals Carrier Bag
The last one on this list is another smaller-sized travel carrier, except this one is meant for a smaller guinea pig that is under 6 months old.
That means that if you have just adopted a young guinea pig or have baby guinea pigs, then this is the perfect size carrier to take one of them on a trip.
The bottom of the travel carrier is waterproof and it does a great job of withstanding stains as well.
Plus it comes with a shoulder strap that can be easily detached when you don’t want to use it, but instead, want to use the carrying handle.
- ✔ PERFECT FOR SMALL PETS : Small Guinea pig（Under 6 months old）, Sugar glider, Hamster,...
- ✔ DUAL-PURPOSE DESIGN - Large capacity and more comfortable. Detachable shoulder strap design and...
- QUALIFIED MATERIAL - 100% Brand new ,Waterproof Oxford Cloth + Super soft short plush + High...
What To Look For When Buying A Travel Carrier For Your Guinea Pigs
- Look out for the size of the travel carrier
One of the first things that you want to look out for when it comes to selecting the perfect travel carrier for your guinea pigs is the size.
Guinea pigs can become stressed out if they don’t have enough space to move around which can make it harder for you to calm them down.
So you’ll want to make sure that you get a travel carrier that’s big enough to accommodate how many guinea pigs you want to take with you.
- Look out for the material the travel carrier is made out of
The next thing that you should look out for when buying a travel carrier is what material it’s made out of.
Most travel carriers are made out of hard or soft material so you’ll have to get the one that you know your guinea pigs would be most comfortable in.
The carriers that are hard are usually more resistant to wear and tear, while the softer ones seem to provide a good level of comfort while still being durable.
- Check to see if the travel carrier is easy to clean
You should also be on the lookout for travel carriers that are easier to clean because guinea pigs can make a mess inside of them.
The ones that can be easily cleaned don’t take much effort to assemble and disassemble because you won’t need any tools to do it.
Plus it’s a bonus if you get one that has a removable pad that can be thrown into the washing machine, which is a huge time-saver.
- Check to see if the travel carrier is airline approved
This one might not be that important to you if you never plan on taking your guinea pigs with you on a flight.
But if that’s something that you know you’ll have to do, then definitely check to see if the travel carrier is airline approved.
That way you’ll be able to reduce your guinea pigs’ stress levels by keeping them closer to you when you have to get on a plane.