When it comes to cleaning a guinea pig cage you basically have two options, either you clean it with your hands or you use a handheld vacuum to do the job.
Using a handheld vacuum is convenient and makes cleaning up a guinea pig’s cage a lot easier.
Plus you’ll get it done quicker than if you were trying to do it with your hands. There’s a large number of handheld vacuums out there, but we’re interested in the ones that would be best for cleaning a guinea pig’s cage.
So what are the best handheld vacuums for a guinea pig’s cage? The best handheld vacuums for a guinea pig’s cage are:
- BLACK+DECKER Dustbuster Handheld Vacuum
- Hoover ONEPWR Cordless Handheld Vacuum
- BLACK+DECKER Pet Dustbuster
- BISSELL Pet Hair Eraser
- BLACK+DECKER 20V Max Flex Handheld Vacuum
- APOSEN Vacuum Cleaner With HEPA Filter
- Vaclife Handheld Vacuum
So if you wanted to start using a handheld vacuum to clean your guinea pig’s cage, or want to know what features to look for when getting the best one, check out our top 7.
BLACK+DECKER Dustbuster Handheld Vacuum
This handheld vacuum is one of the most top-rated ones available and it’s easy to see why.
It operates with a lithium-ion battery, which means the charge will last the whole time while you’re cleaning your guinea pig’s cage.
Charging takes about 4 hours and you can even leave it on the charging base without worrying about destroying the battery.
It comes with a washable dirt bowl and filter which makes cleaning it out and replacing it after you use it quick and simple.
The powerful motor and cyclonic action help keep the filter it comes with clean and the suction strong.
That’s why it’s so effective at sucking up your guinea pig’s droppings and any other mess within your guinea pig’s cage.
- It’s easy to clean.
- It has a long battery life.
- Its suction is very powerful.
- It can take up to 4 hours to fully charge.
- You’re unable to mount it on the wall while charging.
- It’s very lightweight so it can’t take much punishment.
- Lithium Ion for long battery life and outstanding performance; Always ready holds a charge for upto...
- NOTE: The instruction manual does reference mounting brackets and screws, but it is for a different...
- Smart Charge Technology uses upto 50 percent less energy,air Watts: 15.2 Watts, Voltage: 16V MAX
Hoover ONEPWR Cordless Handheld Vacuum
This one is another easy to clean handheld vacuum because it has a removable bowl and a reusable filter. That means you can dump out any guinea pig poop hand wash the filter and it’ll be ready to use again.
It’s also compact so it’s easy to store it where you keep all of your other cleaning supplies.
This handheld vacuum comes with a built-in crevice tool so it’s great for spot cleaning your guinea pig’s cage.
The lithium-ion battery helps it keep a strong charge while you’re cleaning so you can get through the whole session without stopping.
- It has a compact design so it’s easy to store.
- There’s a built-in crevice tool for better spot cleaning.
- The removable battery makes it easy to charge.
- It can be a little noisy.
- Because it’s compact, the debris it can hold is limited.
- It can’t be stored by hanging it up on the wall.
- POWERFUL SUCTION: Perfect for quick pickups
- CORDLESS: Delivers cord-free convenience powered by the removable and rechargeable ONEPWR Battery
- COMPACT DESIGN: Easy to use and to store
BLACK+DECKER Pet Dustbuster
This handheld vacuum was built specifically with pets in mind. It’s perfect for a multiple pet household, or for just cleaning up dry and wet messes that guinea pigs can leave behind.
Like the others on this list, it also comes with a lithium-ion battery that helps to keep a powerful suction and high battery life after it’s charged.
It’ll even show how much battery usage you have remaining while you’re using it so you won’t have to guess how much time you have left.
It’s easily accessible so it can be hung up in a closet or wherever you have your guinea pigs cage.
- It is made for people that keep pets.
- It can clean up both dry and wet messes.
- You can store it by hanging it up and it has a battery indicator.
- It can take up to 3 hours to fully charge.
- Once attached, the animal hair extension can be hard to remove.
- After a while of hard usage, the filter can be a challenge to re-insert.
- Picks up to 6Oz of sloppy wet messes, dirt and dry debris
- Included Components: (1) BDH2000L hand vacuum, (1) VF110 washable filter, (1) Charging base, (1)...
BISSELL Pet Hair Eraser
This is another one that was made with pets in mind, so it’s another one that’s great for a multiple pet household or just for your guinea pigs.
What makes this one stand out is its triple-level filter system that greatly improves the cleaning performance.
It also comes with a set of attachments so it’ll be easier to do the cleaning job you’re trying to get done.
- It comes with a large dirt bowl that’s easy to empty.
- It’s great for a multi-pet household.
- The triple-level filtration system improves cleaning performance.
- It can take up to 8 hours to charge.
- When getting a replacement filter you have to buy the whole assembly, not just the filter.
- After washing the filter, it can take a long time to dry.
- Buy Bissell, save pets; Bissell will donate 5 dollars for each pet hair eraser Li Ion purchase, upon...
- Remove more embedded dirt and pet hair with a motorized brush tool and lithium ion battery
- 14V lithium ion battery for lithium powered cleaning; Dirt cup capacity: 0.7 Litres
BLACK+DECKER 20V Max Flex Handheld Vacuum
This is the most unique one on the list. The reason why it’s so unique is that it comes with a 4-foot extendable hose.
That gives you the option of holding the vacuum or placing it close to you while you use the hose to clean out your guinea pig’s cage.
The dirt bowl and filter are washable which makes for easy cleaning and it has a 17oz. capacity so it can last through your cleaning session.
- It comes with a 4-foot flexible extendable hose.
- The suction power does not fade as you’re using it.
- It has a small particle filter that prevents it from clogging easily.
- It can’t be wall-mounted.
- The filter has to be taken out while cleaning it.
- The filter can take a while to dry after it’s washed.
- CORDLESS, PORTABLE, & ULTRA COMPACT - 20V MAX Lithium Hand Vac with Pet Brush.
- FOUR FOOT FLEXIBLE HOSE - Clean floor to ceiling
- WASHABLE BOWL AND FILTER - Easy-to-clean 17 oz. capacity dirt bowl.Suction power:24 AW
APOSEN Vacuum Cleaner With HEPA Filter
The feature that makes this handheld vacuum stand out is it’s reduced noise. It can operate at a low frequency which means your hair less of it as your cleaning up your guinea pig’s cage.
It’s also a great option if you live in a place that has noise restrictions. This vacuum is also very lightweight and only weighs 2 pounds so it’s easy to carry.
It cleans up both dry and wet messes and comes with a high capacity dirt bowl that can be easily detached and emptied.
- Cleans up both wet and dry messes.
- It uses a 3 stage filtration system to help prevent clogging.
- It comes with a replacement filter.
- It can take up to 4.5 hours to charge.
- It’s meant to be used as a spot cleaner so it only lasts up to about 20 minutes.
- The operating manual can be confusing when reading it.
No products found.
Vaclife Handheld Vacuum
What makes this handheld vacuum unique is the LED light that helps you clean in any dark corner in your guinea pig’s cage.
That along with the included crevice tool to make it pretty easy to clean out tight corners within the cage.
While it’s not exactly noiseless it still operates with lower noise compared to other handheld vacuums.
So the low noise, as well as a decent 30 minute run time, makes it up a great option for spot cleaning in and environment like an apartment where you have to be noise conscious.
- It comes with a built-in LED light.
- The noise level it creates while in use is low.
- It charges very fast in about 2 to 3.5 hours.
- If you fill up the dirt bowl to the max it can be hard to clean out.
- The charging plug is a little bigger than most charging plugs.
- The filter needs to be washed often.
- CORDLESS DESIGN: This handheld vacuum free your movement for cleaning your stairs, kitchen, car or...
- IMPROVED HEPA FILTER: VacLife hand vacuum cleaner-(VL188) features enhanced HEPA filters with...
- ALL-AROUND CLEANIN: The handheld vacuum provides deep cleaning for your house and car. This hand...
What To Look For When Buying A Handheld Vacuum For A Guinea Pig Cage
There can be a lot of things that you have to look out for when trying to select the best handheld vacuum for a guinea pig cage.
Many of them can share some of the same features, but it’s all about finding the one that’s right for your situation and your guinea pigs.
- Battery life and how long does it take to charge
An important thing to consider is battery life. Sometimes a cleaning session can last a while and you need a handheld vacuum that can go for as long as it takes you to finish. You also have to consider how long it takes to fully charge.
- The suction power
The main job of a vacuum is to suck up messes, So you’ll need one with a powerful enough suction that will make it easier for you to clean up after your guinea pig.
Given that’s the purpose of a vacuum, the ones on this list do a great job of that.
- The noise level
How loud it can be is also another thing to consider when looking to get one. Remember the noise level isn’t always directly related to how powerful the suction can be.
It is, however, always a good idea to check how loud the vacuum can be especially if noise is a concern for where you live.
- Does it clean wet and dry messes
You should also consider the type of messes it can suck up. Some only have the capability to clean dry messes, while others are able to clean both wet and dry messes.
If you don’t need it to clean wet messes, then save some money and pick a dry mess only vacuum. Pick the one that you know you’re more likely to need.
- How easy is it to clean after you’ve vacuumed your guinea pigs cage
Cleaning your vacuum after you’ve used it to clean your guinea pig’s cage is another factor to think about.
If you want one that’s easy to clean, go for the vacuum that you can dump out the mess bowl and quickly replace it.
- Does it come with any attachments that you need
Some don’t come with any attachments at all, and others will come with a few that you can choose from.
That being said, make sure it comes with any of the attachments that you require, so you can select the best handheld vacuum for your situation. That way you can effectively clean up your guinea pig’s cage.