Guinea pigs are great to have, but sometimes these small pets can really stink up a room. The smell of their urine-soaked bedding can be a little too much to handle sometimes.
You can really start to notice the smell when you walk into the room that has their cage in it.
It’s natural for a guinea pig’s cage to smell, but if you want to get rid of it you’ll need something that eliminates those odors.
The best odor eliminators for a guinea pigs cage are:
- No Scent Small Animal Professional Pet Waste Odor Eliminator
- Kaytee Smellin Good Critter Spray 8-Ounce
- DooKashi Small Animals Bedding Additive Extender & Odor Remover
- Arm & Hammer Deodorizing Spray for Small Animals
- Nature’s Miracle Cage Odor Eliminator for Small Animals
- Natural Chemistry Healthy Habitat
- Kaytee Clean Cage Safe Deodorizer
So if the smell of your guinea pigs cage is becoming an issue for you and you want to know more about the odor eliminators that can help solve that problem, check out our top 7.
No Scent Small Animal Professional Pet Waste Odor Eliminator
This highly rated odor eliminator is perfect for removing the smells from a guinea pig’s cage because it works on a number of different surfaces.
It does a really good job of taking away the smells from tanks, hutches, and all types of different guinea pig enclosures and toys.
It can also remove some smells from their bedding. So if the odor of guinea pig urine is a problem for you, then this just might do the trick.
It’s honestly really easy to see why this odor eliminator is one of the best for guinea pig cages.
- It works on a number of different surfaces.
- The spray is made with no harmful chemicals and is eco-friendly.
- This spray works really well on the smell of guinea pig urine.
- It’s not scent-free.
- It can leave behind a minty smell, but it does go away quickly.
- The spray can easily be used up if you’re not careful.
- No Scent Small Animal Spray: Simple to use, mist, spray, pour or saturate habitat, cage, hutch,...
- Premium Product: Natural Probiotic Spray formulated to the pH level of Guinea Pigs, Hamsters,...
- No Masking Agents: Tens of millions of probiotic units penetrate surfaces to reach & resolve pet...
Kaytee Smellin Good Critter Spray 8-Ounce
This next odor eliminator is another spray that can get the job done. It’s made to work well for guinea pig cages as well as other small pets and their habitats.
This odor remover starts working fast and leaves behind a slight baby powder smell.
The baby powder smell helps with the removal of odor but it isn’t too strong. Even though the bottle is only 8 ounces it still packs quite a punch.
It only takes a couple of sprays on a guinea pig’s bedding to start removing the smell of their urine and other smells they can produce.
- It’s non-toxic and safe to use around small pets.
- You only need to use a little bit of it for it to start working.
- It’s designed to work well for the smell of small animal waste.
- The spray only comes in 8 ounces.
- It will leave behind a scent.
- It might not be for you if you don’t like the smell of baby powder.
- Pamper your pet with the pleasant aroma of baby powder and refresh its home every time you use...
- Safe and non-toxic for your pet
- Perfect for use between baths and ideal for enviromental odor control
DooKashi Small Animals Bedding Additive Extender & Odor Remover
This odor remover is one of the most unique ones on this list because of how it actually eliminates the smells in a cage.
With this one you don’t spray it on their bedding, you sprinkle it below or on top of it.
When you sprinkle it into a guinea pig’s cage it helps remove the ammonia smell that their urine can leave behind at the microbial level.
After you add it to their bedding it starts working immediately to remove bad smells and harmful pathogens from their enclosure. It’s made with hypoallergenic ingredients and is non-toxic.
It’s even safe if it gets ingested by humans and pets, plus it’s biodegradable. Guinea pigs have very sensitive lungs and eyes, and this odor remover doesn’t contain any perfumes, harmful chemicals, or masking agents.
So it does a really good job of eliminating different smells while still keeping your guinea pig’s lungs and eyes safe.
- It works on all types of bedding.
- It’s non-toxic and safe if it gets ingested.
- It removes odors without leaving behind a perfume smell.
- You’ll have slightly more to clean up when changing out their bedding.
- It starts working immediately, but it works best when you use it in a clean cage first.
- It’s safe if it gets ingested but your guinea pigs will most likely try to eat it.
No products found.
Arm & Hammer Deodorizing Spray for Small Animals
What makes this odor eliminator different is that it can be used directly on your small pet as well as in their cage. It makes use of baking soda to deodorize your pets and their enclosure really well.
Baking soda is known to be a natural and safe odor remover, and this spray makes it easy to bring the usefulness of the baking soda into your guinea pig’s cage.
You can spray it into their cage to fight odors or directly on to your guinea pigs to help with their smell over time.
If you do decide to use the spray directly on your pets it can help with grooming and at the same time make sure they stay smelling fresh for a longer period of time.
- This spray can be used directly on your guinea pigs and in their cage.
- It can help with removing odors and with grooming your pet.
- It can keep your guinea pig smelling fresh without leaving behind a strong smell.
- It gets used up quickly if you use it in their cage and directly on them.
- The bottle is only 8 ounces.
- It can be easy to overuse it.
- CLEANS AND FRESHENS — Odor remover for small animals keeps your smelly pet smelling fresh and...
- SPREAD THE FRESHNESS — Can be used on your small animal, as well as in the crate, bed, or around...
- EASY TO USE — Use anywhere your pet goes to control odors and keep your environment smelling...
Nature’s Miracle Cage Odor Eliminator for Small Animals
This non-toxic and biodegradable odor eliminator is a solid choice. It can help get rid of troublesome smells in your guinea pig’s cage without leaving behind and annoying odor.
So it doesn’t try to remove the odors by covering them up with a perfume-like smell.
Because it’s made to be unscented, that means it’s a safer option for your guinea pig’s lungs.
It’s a good choice for them because it’s better than an odor remover that just tries to cover up smells instead of actually eliminating them.
It can be used on all types of bedding and litter, and it helps prolong the fresh smell of bedding as well.
- The bottle comes in a big 16-ounce size.
- It’s made to be unscented.
- It doesn’t cover up smells, it removes them.
- When using it, you have to remove your pets from their cage.
- It can’t be used on their toys and other accessories.
- It can take up to 10 minutes to dry and start working.
- Nature's Miracle Cage Odor Elimantor for Small Animals consists of billions of nature's enzymes that...
- Unpleasant odors are neutralized.
- No masking perfume or cover-up odors.
Natural Chemistry Healthy Habitat
If you live in a house with a number of pets then this odor remover might be perfect for you.
It’s safe to use around other bigger pets in your house as well as your small pets.
It works to get rid of odors on many different surfaces and it also disinfects them at the same time.
Also, it doesn’t have a perfume-like smell so it’s safer for your guinea pig’s sensitive lungs.
So this is a great choice if you’re trying to use a safe disinfectant to clean your guinea pigs cage, while also removing the odors of their cage while you’re using it.
- It removes odors and disinfects at the same time.
- After you use it, it doesn’t leave behind a perfume-like smell.
- It works on a number of different surfaces.
- It can sometimes leave a thin residue behind.
- You’ll need your own spray bottle if you want to use it as a spray.
- Because it’s in a bottle, it can be easy to spill or use too much.
- Natural, biodegradable, detergent-free enzyme formula combines proprietary, naturally based...
- Specifically formulated to effectively eliminate odors and soiling caused by animal and food waste
- Healthy Habitat is safe for use in any pet habitat, even when the pet is present
Kaytee Clean Cage Safe Deodorizer
Doubling as a cage cleaner and deodorizer, this spray can both clean your guinea pig’s cage as well as remove some of the smell.
It’s used for spot cleaning their actual cage and accessories and not for spraying directly on their bedding.
The spray is basically a safe cleaner that also deodorizes. So it’s a great pick if your main goal is to clean their cage and deodorize it in the same process.
- It can clean a guinea pigs cage and deodorize it at the same time.
- The spray doesn’t leave behind too strong of a smell.
- The grip and pump-action make it really easy to hold and spray.
- It can’t be used directly on bedding.
- It’s a cleaner first, and odor remover second.
- When using this spray you’ll have to take your guinea pigs out of their cage.
- Fresh smelling formula safely cleans and deodorizes cages for fast acting and long lasting results
- Safe to use for small animal habitats
- Regular use of Clean Cage will contribute to the quality care your pet needs and deserves
What To Look For When Buying Odor Eliminators For Your Guinea Pig’s Cage
- How well does it remove odors
When looking for an odor eliminator for your guinea pigs, the first and most important thing that you need to consider is how well it removes the odors.
Check to see if the one that you choose actually gets rid of the odors or just covers them up.
Some odor eliminators claim to remove the smells when actually what they’re doing is trying to cover the smell up with a type of fragrance.
Of course, it’s not always possible to be completely odor-free, but the best odor removers do their job without leaving behind too strong of a smell.
- Does it leave behind a strong smell
Leaving behind a strong smell can be bad for your guinea pigs because they have sensitive lungs.
That’s why most of the good sprays that help with removing smells in small pet cages try to avoid using perfume-like fragrances.
So when selecting an odor eliminator for your guinea pigs, go with the option that is the most fragrance-free.
- Do you need the odor remover to also disinfect
Some sprays will help disinfect and remove smells from your guinea pig’s cage and that’s great if that’s what you’re trying to do.
But if your only concern is getting rid of bad smells, then you’ll want to go with the option that specializes in odor removal.
So when selecting the best odor eliminator for your guinea pigs, just know that the ones that work best are the ones that their only job is to remove those bad odors.
Without those odors in their cage, your guinea pigs will be a whole lot happier.