If you have a guinea pig that likes to constantly knock over their food bowl then you know that when they do this most of the food spills out of it.
So sometimes that can mean that you’re more likely to waste a lot of their food when you have to clean out their cage.
Thankfully if you have this problem there are some bowls that are available that guinea pigs can use that can help prevent them from tipping it over.
That way you won’t waste as much of their food and your money when they do this. So what are the best tip-proof guinea pig bowls?
The best tip-proof guinea pig bowls are:
- STAYbowl Tip-Proof Ergonomic Pet Bowl
- Piggies Choice Non-Tip Metal Guinea Pig Pellet Dish Bowl
- CalPalmy Food and Water Bowl
- LIVING WORLD Lock and Crock Dish
- NEATER PET BRANDS Little Big Bowl
- MidWest Homes for Pets Snap’y Fit Stainless Steel Food Bowl
- Living World Ergonomic Small Animal Food Dish
So if you want to try to save more of your guinea pig’s food by getting a bowl that doesn’t tip over or you want to know more about them, then check out our top 7.
STAYbowl Tip-Proof Ergonomic Pet Bowl
The first tip-proof bowl on this list is one of the best ones that are available that can help prevent your guinea pig from knocking their food bowl over.
The way that this bowl is designed can make it so that even if your guinea pig puts all of their weight on one side of it, it won’t tip over.
This type of bowl does come in different sizes and colors depending on your wants and needs, but if you only have one or two guinea pigs then this is a perfect size.
It’s made with a smooth bottom that can help prevent food from getting underneath it and causing bacteria to grow.
It’s even easy to take it out of their cage and clean it as well because it’s dishwasher safe.
- Patent-pending STAYbowl saves time and money; no more wasted guinea pig food
- Holds ¼ cup of guinea pig food; 6.75 inch diameter base x 3.25 inch diameter bowl x 1.75 inch...
- Ensures pet health and wellness; reduces overfeeding and food competition
Piggies Choice Non-Tip Metal Guinea Pig Pellet Dish Bowl
The next bowl that’s tip-proof on this list is sturdy and does a really good job of staying upright when your guinea pig tries to flip it over.
It’s made to be scratch resistant and also dishwasher safe so when it’s time to clean it, it won’t be too hard to do.
The bowl is made out of metal and it’s also heavy enough to keep it in place without being knocked over.
It’s big enough to hold enough pellets for up to 3 guinea pigs, but it’s better if you only need it for two of them.
So this is a great bowl to put your guinea pigs food in for them to eat out of and you won’t have to worry about too much of it spilling out.
- We Listened!! This is the new version. There is no rubber and the painting has improved as well -...
- Does NOT tip!! Brightly Colored Small Rabbit Guinea Pig Feeding Pellet Bowl
- Measures 6" across perfect size for guinea pigs.
CalPalmy Food and Water Bowl
This is another bowl that’s great at helping keep all of a guinea pig’s food from spilling out of it when they try to tip it over.
It comes in a two-pack, so one of the bowls is for food and the other bowl can be used for water or more food.
It’s made with non-toxic plastic and it stays durable even when a guinea pig puts most of its weight on it.
What makes this bowl great and tip-proof is the fact that it can easily be attached to most parts of their cage without requiring a tool to do it.
So this is a really good pick if you have more than two guinea pigs and one tip-proof bowl isn’t enough for them.
- PERFECT FOR SMALL ANIMAL: Are you tired of cleaning the mess that your little animal made after...
- PREMIUM QUALITY: Made with 100% premium-quality, non-toxic, BPA free plastic. Our small animal...
- EASY INSTALLATION: No tool required, the screw style mount holds itself strong and allows you to...
LIVING WORLD Lock and Crock Dish
The next bowl that’s on this list that can help prevent your guinea pig from knocking it over is another one that you can easily attach to the side of their cage.
It’s made out of very thick and chew-resistant plastic that holds strong even if your guinea pig starts to gnaw on it every now and then.
It can hold up to 20 oz of their food and when it’s time to take it out of their cage and clean it you can just throw it in the dishwasher because it’s dishwasher safe.
This bowl can also help you save a little bit more space in their cage as well, which is great if you have a slightly smaller cage.
The reason why is that it doesn’t take up space on the floor and once it’s fully attached your guinea pig won’t be able to turn it over and spill their food.
- Easy to attach, space saving food and water dish
- Durable; Does not twist, turn, or spill over
- Made of extra-thick, chew-resistant plastic
NEATER PET BRANDS Little Big Bowl
This tip-proof bowl is unique because it has a big capacity for you to fill it up with your guinea pig’s food.
The base of the bowl is what makes it sturdy and hard to knock over, and its high walls will help prevent their food from spilling out.
The bowls base is made to be non-skid which is what helps stop it from sliding across the floor of their cage.
With this tip-proof bowl, you’re able to spread out most of their food across a larger area.
So this is a really great choice if you have more than a few guinea pigs that like to eat around the same time and usually tip their bowl over when they do.
- BIG CAPACITY - The Little Big Bowl has a big capacity for food or water, holding up to 8 cups (64...
- ELEVATED DESIGN - The Little Big Bowl's high walls, sturdy non-tip base, and non-skid feet help...
- USES FOR OTHER SMALL ANIMALS - Not only for dogs - The Little Big Bowl is popular for owners of...
MidWest Homes for Pets Snap’y Fit Stainless Steel Food Bowl
The next bowl that is designed to be tip-proof is another one that can be attached to your guinea pig’s cage.
The bowl is made out of stainless steel so it’s a great alternative to use instead of the plastic ones.
It’s also chew-resistant and it doesn’t hold in different odors while being easy to clean because you can just put it in the dishwasher.
Guinea pigs are known to go to the bathroom almost everywhere and that includes their food bowl too.
So another benefit that makes this bowl great is the fact that once you attach it to their cage the bowl will be off of the ground so that your guinea pig won’t be able to use it as their litter box.
- Stainless steel 20 ounce (2.5 cups) dog food / water bowl for puppies, dogs, kittens, cats & small...
- Pet bowl locks in place on dog crate / cat cage / bird cage with easy-to-remove bracket which...
- Pet bowl holds up to 20 ounce dog food, cat food or water & minimizes cleaning w/ no-tip bracketed...
Living World Ergonomic Small Animal Food Dish
The next and last tip-proof food bowl that’s on this list has a unique way of making sure that a guinea pig won’t be able to knock it over.
What makes this bowl unique is how it’s designed, the bowl is purposefully made to be slanted for easy access to their food while also helping prevent it from being tipped over.
The bowl is ceramic and the base of it is very heavy which can also keep it from moving around while your guinea pig is eating out of it.
It’s also a bacteria safe bowl so it’s perfect for using it as a food or water dish that your guinea pig won’t be able to easily tip over.
- Green, ceramic, non-porous, bacteria-safe water and food dish
- Ergonomically slanted for easy access to small animal food or water
- Base heavy to prevent tipping over in your pet’s small animal cage
What To Look For When Buying A Tip Proof Bowl For Your Guinea Pig
Not all tip-proof bowls are made the same and will work in the same way to help prevent your guinea pig from knocking it over.
So because of that, there are some things that you have to consider before choosing one of them.
That way you’re making sure that you get the right one for your guinea pigs and also the one that’s right for their cage setup as well.
- How the bowl is designed to be tip proof
The first thing that you should consider when it comes to bowls that are tip-proof is how it accomplishes this.
Some of the bowls work because they’re just heavy, some of them attach to their cage, while some other bowls work because of how they’re designed.
Luckily all of these bowls do a great job of staying upright though. So when choosing one of them you should get the one that you think your guinea pigs will like and is right for their cage.
- What the bowl is made out of
The next thing that you should consider is what the bowl is actually made out of.
These bowls are generally made out of different types of material, so some of them are made out of a chew-resistant plastic while some others are made out of metal.
Guinea pigs love to chew on almost anything, so it really comes down to what material you’re more comfortable with your guinea pig chewing on.
- The size of the bowl
One more thing that you have to think about before getting one of these bowls is the actual size of it.
Some of these bowls can be considered small but perfect for about two guinea pigs, while others are bigger and hold more food but take up more space in their cage.
So when it comes to selecting a tip-proof guinea pig bowl it’s important that you get the right size.
That way you’re getting the right size for the number of guinea pigs that you have and also the right size for the cage that you keep them in.