Guinea pig nails constantly grow throughout their lives and they’ll need to have them cut on a regular basis.
But sometimes cutting their nails can be a hard process especially when you have a guinea pig that is very skittish.
That means that you’ll need nail clippers that can get the job done quickly and right the first time so that it’ll be a smoother process for them. So what are the best nail clippers for guinea pigs?
- Pet Nail Clippers for Small Animals
- Kaytee Small Animal Pro-Nail Trimmer
- Professional Pet Nail Clippers and Claw Trimmer
- Yoobure Pet Nail Clippers with LED Light
- JOFUYU Pet Nail Clippers for Small Animals
- Living World Animal Nail Trimmer
- Alfie Pet Roni Nail Clipper for Guinea Pigs
So if you need nail clippers for guinea pigs that can make cutting their nails an easier process or you want to know what to look out for when buying them, then check out our top 7.
Pet Nail Clippers for Small Animals
When it comes to guinea pigs they’re known to be very skittish so you’ll want to cut their nails right the first time.
And these nail clippers can easily do that because they’re simple and not hard to use.
They’re comfortable to hold so it’s easy on the hands and that’s very important because you don’t want to have to worry about struggling with the clippers while cutting their nails.
These clippers don’t crush the nail because they’re sharp enough for a clean cut which makes trimming your guinea pig’s nails down a smoother process.
Plus, it comes with an instructional ebook that can help first-time and experienced small pet owners when it comes to cutting their little pet’s nails.
- FOR SMALL PETS: Our claw scissors have been designed to be used on small animals, such as dogs,...
- SAFE & EASY TO USE: Fitted with razor sharp blades made out of stainless steel and an ergonomic grip...
- USER FRIENDLY DESIGN: The stainless steel blade and the handle is finished with a rubberized coating...
Kaytee Small Animal Pro-Nail Trimmer
Nail clippers should be the right size to be able to cut a guinea pig’s small nails, and these clippers can do just that.
It has a precise cutting edge that way you can get a clean cut without having to attempt to trim their nails multiple times.
On top of that, the handle is easy to grip and it also has a finger rest just in case the process takes a while and your hands get a little tired while cutting their nails.
And while these nail clippers are fairly simple they really get the job done without needing anything else like certain attachments to do it.
Check out these nail clippers on Chewy.
Professional Pet Nail Clippers and Claw Trimmer
These quality guinea pig nail clippers are very sturdy so they do a good job of not falling apart throughout years of use.
They’re designed to be semicircular that way it’s easier to match the shape of your little pet’s nails which makes it a lot easier to cut them.
The handles are made out of rubber so that while you’re cutting your guinea pig’s nails the clippers will stay in place.
And because they’re so easy to hold that can help prevent cutting their nails the wrong way accidentally.
- ✅ PROFESSIONAL CAT NAIL CLIPPERS! - One of the best cat nail clippers / small animal nail clippers...
- ✅ Top quality! - Stainless steel blades are sharp and strong, and can withstand years of usage as...
- ✅ SAVE TIME AND MONEY - Professional pet nail clippers are extremely easy to use. Take good care...
Yoobure Pet Nail Clippers with LED Light
Clipping your guinea pig’s nails is usually a pretty straightforward process, but sometimes it can help you and your guinea pig if you have some assistance while doing it.
That’s exactly what these clippers can do because it comes with an LED light to help you better see where you’re cutting, which makes this one of the more unique entries on this list.
It also comes with a nail filer that you can use to file down the sharper parts of their nails after you’re done cutting them.
So if you’re concerned about cutting your guinea pig’s nails too much then the LED light with these nail clippers can help you avoid going too far.
JOFUYU Pet Nail Clippers for Small Animals
To make cutting your guinea pig’s nails an easy experience for both you and them, you’ll need to cut their nails quickly and accurately.
Thankfully these Clippers are very sharp so that you can get the right cut without having to clip the same nail multiple times.
They’re compact enough to get the blades around the tiny nails of a guinea pig.
And at the same time, the handles are big enough so that it is easy to hold on to when it’s time to start trimming your little pet snails down to a good level.
- ✅ PROFESSIONAL SMALL PETS NAIL CLIPPERS! – One of the best cat nail clippers / small animal nail...
- ✅ TOP QUALITY! - Our thick stainless steel blades is strong and sharp to last for years. These...
- ✅ SAVE TIME AND MONEY- Our professional nail clippers for cats is super easy to use which will...
Living World Animal Nail Trimmer
If you’ve ever tried to cut your guinea pig’s nails with clippers that are not meant for small animals then you may notice that their nails can splinter.
But because these nail clippers are very sharp it makes it easier to snip off their nails with one clean cut.
They’re also well-balanced so that the weight of it doesn’t throw you off when you’re cutting their nails.
Plus they cut very quietly which can help keep your guinea pigs calm while you’re taking the time to reduce the size of their nails.
- Sharp and precise nail trimmers
- Makes trimming your pet's nails easy in 1 stroke
- Perfectly sized for rabbits, guinea pigs and ferrets
Alfie Pet Roni Nail Clipper for Guinea Pigs
This is another unique entry on this list because these nail clippers come with a magnifying glass.
The magnifying glass can help you get a closer look at where you’re cutting that way it’s easier to get the perfect cut the first time.
But the magnifying glass is an attachment so you can put it on the nail clippers if you want to try it or you can take it off if you don’t need it.
So if you’re looking for clippers that come with a little something extra, then this one might be the one for you.
- Measures 5.25"L x 1.75"W.
- Professional quality nail trimmer for small animals.
- These nail clippers are designed for small breeds: kittens, cats, rabbits, puppy, chinchilla, guinea...
What To Look Out For When Buying Nail Clippers For Guinea Pigs
- How sharp the nail clippers are
The first and most important thing to look out for when buying nail clippers for guinea pigs is how sharp those clippers are.
You want to be able to get a quick and clean cut that way the process doesn’t take too long.
Because if cutting their nails takes too long your guinea pig can become too stressed out and start to dislike having their nails cut more than they already do.
Luckily all the picks that are on this list are very sharp and can get the job done right.
- Are the nail clippers easy to use and hold
You should also look out for nail clippers that are easy to use, that way cutting their nails doesn’t become a complicated task.
It also helps if the nail clippers are easy to hold so that your hands don’t tire out too easily as well.
So having clippers that are easy to use can help make cutting their nails a smoother process, which will make it an easier experience for you and your guinea pig.
- Do the nail clippers come with any attachments
One more thing to look out for when it comes to nail clippers for guinea pigs is if the clippers come with any attachments.
And while attachments aren’t always necessary to get a good clean cut, what they can do is give you some assistance which can make cutting their nails a whole lot easier.
So if you think that cutting your guinea pig’s nails will be hard for you to do, then definitely check to see if the nail clippers that you’re buying come with any attachments that can help you out.